Goodwill and holiday cheer can make this season a great time to sell your home. Here’s why:
- Christmas buyers are serious buyers. Buyers looking during this time are known to be serious. They include soon-to-be residents relocating here from out of town and residents who have sold a home in late autumn and must buy before their own sale closes. While the serious buyers are looking, casual browsers and looky-loos are busy with other activities, so they won’t inconvenience you and your Riyal Pacific Realtor®.
- Your Royal Pacific Realtor® will do the work. Your Realtor® will give you solid advice to sell your home. If you need help with finding a professional such as a home inspector, lawyer, notary public, mortgage broker or trades persons, your Realtor® will provide you with a list of professionals that you can interview and select independently. Realtors® recommend you always hire the best. For example, a home inspector with membership in the Canadian Association of Home Inspectors will likely have Errors and Omissions insurance, many years of experience and high standards of performance and ethical conduct.
- Your home looks its best. The holiday season is a time of celebration and entertaining. Most homes are at their best – sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. The fireplace is lit, and your home feels warm and inviting. From the outside, Christmas lights and wreaths have a way of making even an ordinary home look magical. Indoors, decorations, lights and wrapped gifts create a wonderful homey feeling that sparks buyers’ imaginations.
- Christmas scents help sell. Seller’s guides say that the most appealing scents for homebuyers include vanilla, cinnamon and pine. During the holidays, your home is naturally filled with these smells – home-baking, pine boughs, mulled cider – all of which create a very appealing environment for buyers.
- Buyers have more time. Most buyers and sellers take time during the holidays for family and friends. For serious buyers, this means they have time to focus on finding their dream home, making a decision and closing the sale. Some buyers even prefer to look during the holidays to avoid the rush during spring and fall peak periods. For couples, it may be the only time of year when they can both take a week off together and focus on house-hunting
Buying and selling a home over the holiday season can cause for celebrations.
Contact a Royal Pacific Realtor® for expert help.