Holiday selling makes good sensePosted on December 6th, 2017
Good will and holiday cheer makes this season a great time to sell your home. Here’s why:
- Christmas buyers are serious buyers. While there may not be as many home buyers looking, those who are looking are serious. These include those relocating from out of town who need to quickly find and buy a home quickly, or those who have sold their home and need to buy before their own sale closes. Casual browsers and ‘looky-loos’ are busy with other activities, so they won’t inconvenience you and your Realtor
- Less competition. There are often fewer homes on the market. Reduced inventories and serious buyers are a combination that may get you better value for your home than selling during a less busy time of the year
- Your home looks its best. Since the holiday season is a time for entertaining and spending time indoors, most homes are at their best – sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. The fireplace is on, and your home feels warm and inviting. From the outside, seasonal lights and wreaths make even the most ordinary home look magical.
- Seasonal scents help sell. Seller’s guides say that the most appealing scents for homebuyers include vanilla, cinnamon and pine. At this time of year, homes are filled with these smells – home-baking, pine boughs, mulled cider – all creating an appealing Atmosphere for buyers.
- Buyers have more time. Most of us take a few days off work during the holidays. For serious buyers, this means time to focus on finding the right home, making a decision and closing the deal. Some buyers prefer to look during the holidays to avoid the rush during spring and fall ‘peak’ periods.
- Your Royal Pacific REALTOR® will do the work. Some buyers wonder whether they’ll get enough attention from their REALTOR® during the holidays. At Royal Pacific, we’re used to working hard during all holidays. While you’re busy with social events and holiday entertaining, we’ll be working to sell your home and make sure that showings don’t clash with your holiday schedule.
For information, contact your Royal Pacific Realty Group REALTOR®.