Are you planning to sell your home, but you’re thinking of waiting until after the holiday season?
Do you know that while the holiday season may not be the busiest time of year for sales, it can be a great time to get the best value for your home?
- Holiday buyers are serious buyers. Buyers who are looking are serious buyers. Typically they’re relocating from out of town and need to quickly find a home, or have already sold their home and are upsizing or downsizing. If they’re looking in the holiday season, they’re ready to make a decision right away. And the best part: the casual browsers and ‘looky-loos’ are busy with other activities, so they won’t inconvenience you and your REALTOR®.
- Less competition. Since many potential home sellers mistakenly believe homes don’t sell during the holidays, there are fewer homes on the market. Some sellers even take their listed homes off the market for the holidays and re-list in January. With reduced inventories and serious buyers looking, you may get better value for your home than if you sell during a busier time of the year.
- Your home looks its best. The holiday season is a time for entertaining so most homes are at their best – sparkling clean and beautifully decorated. The fireplace is on, and your home feels warm and inviting. From the outside, lights and wreaths have a way of making even the plainest home look magical. Indoors, twinkling lights on decorated mantles and trees and wrapped gifts create a wonderful homey feeling that stimulates buyers’ imaginations.
- Holiday scents help sell. During the holidays homes are filled with the scents of home-baking, vanilla and pine or cedar boughs – all of which create a very appealing environment for potential buyers.
- Buyers have more time. Most of us take a week or more off work during the holidays. For serious buyers, there is time to focus on finding the right home and closing the deal. Some buyers may prefer to look during the holidays to avoid the rush during spring and fall peak periods. For families it may be the only time of year when everyone can take time together to focus on house-hunting.
- Your Royal Pacific REALTOR® will do the work. Buyers may wonder if they’ll get enough attention from their REALTOR® during the holidays. Royal Pacific Realty Group REALTORS work hard during all holidays. It’s our commitment to our clients. While sellers are busy with holiday social events and entertaining, we’ll be there to help you sell your home.
If you’re thinking of selling your home, contact the Royal Pacific Realty Group at 604 266 8989.